The following documentation provides detailed information on seventeen generations of Kimmels, starting with Dilmanus Kumel (born about 1391) to Mary Ann Kimmel (born in 1850). It then merges into six generations of Glessners, starting with Mary Ann Kimmel's spouse, Joseph T. Glessner Jr. (born in 1851) to Aidan Wayne Glessner (born in 1997), Gillian Marie Glessner (born in 2001) and Kieran James Glessner (born in 2007).
DILMANUS KUMEL - Born about 1391 in Neukirchen, Hessen. Dilmanus was a student at Erfurt in 1408 and conjectured to be the father of Ludwig. Children were:
1. LUDWIG KOMEL.
LUDWIG KOMEL - Born about 1420 in Neukirchen, Hessen. Ludwig was a resident and landowner in Neukirchen and is conjectured to be the father of Hen (der Alt) and Lodewig. Children were:
1. HEN KOMEL, der Alt (Hen, Senior).
HEN KOMEL, der Alt (Hen, Senior) - Born about 1450 in Neukirchen, Hessen. He was a landowner and married in 1470. Children were:
1. HEN KOMMEL, der Jung (Hen Junior).
HEN KOMMEL, der Jung (Hen, Junior) - Born about 1470 in Neukirchen in Hessen where he was a landowner. Conjectured to be the father of Henrich born in 1493 and Ambrosius born about 1500. He was married in 1493. Children were:
1. HENRICH KOMEL.
2. AMBROSIUS KOMMEL.
HENRICH KOMEL - Born in 1493 in Neukirchen, Hessen. He was a student at Erfurt and a resident and mill owner in Neukirchen. He was married in 1515. Children were:
1. LUDWIG KOEMMEL.
2. HENRICH KOMEL - Born in 1520 in Neukirchen, Hessen.
LUDWIG KOEMMEL - Born in 1515 in Neukirchen, Hessen. He was a mill owner and married in 1536. Children were:
1. ECKART KUMMELL.
2. CUNRADUS KOEMMEL - Born in 1536.
3. JOST KOEMMEL - Born in 1540 in Neukirchen, Hessen. He died in 1592 in Gummden, Germany.
ECKART KUMMELL - Born in early 1540s in Neukirchen, Hessen. Another source says he was born in 1545. Eckart served as messenger for the high court at Marburg and as town clerk at Nidda. He married Margarethe in 1572 in Marburg, Germany and married Barthel Schneider in 1598. Children were:
1. KONRAD KUMMELL.
2. EBERHARD KUMMELL - Born in 1575 in Nidda, Hessen. He died in 1669. He was married in 1609, 1612 and 1624.
3. RUEL (Rudolph) KUMMELL - Born in 1580 in Nidda, Hessen. He died before 1632. He was married in 1605, and 1619. He had two daughters.
4. MARGARETHE KUMMELL.
KONRAD KUMMELL (1583-1659) - Born in 1583 in Nidda, Hessen. He moved to Oppenheim, where he was a barber and surgeon. He was known to be a member of the Lutheran church. Konrad died in 1659. Children were:
1. KONRAD KUMMELL.
KONRAD KUMMELL - Born in 1610 in Oppenheim, Palatinate (Germany). Children were:
1. HANS KONRAD KUMMELL.
2. MICHAEL KUMMELL.
HANS KONRAD KUMMELL - Born in 1630 in Oppenheim, Palatinate (Germany). He was a bath owner and barber at Alsheim. Hans married Anna Marie Knebel in 1659. Children were:
1. JOHANN MICHAEL KIMMEL (1662-1734) - (See the Eleventh Generation for more details)
2. JOHANN GEORG KUMMELL - Born in 1677 in Gimbsheim, Worms, Rhineland. Hesse.
JOHANN MICHAEL KIMMEL (1662-1734) was the father of virtually all of the Kimmels who migrated to America. He was born on October 1, 1662 in Alsheim, Germany and died on August 23, 1734 in Gimbsheim, Germany.
Johann Michael Kimmel was a resident and a judge in Gimbsheim in Rheinhesson. He was reportedly a large land owner and a man of unusual education and talent. He married his first wife, Anna Margarethe Souther (Souter) Oswald, in 1689. She was the widow of John Oswald of Gimbsheim. Anna Margarethe was born about May 1673. All five of Johann Michael's children were of this marriage. Anna Margarethe died on July 21, 1728.
Johann married his second wife, Anna Elizabeth Heinrich, on May 24, 1732. She was the widow of Hartman Heinreich of Gimbsheim. Anna Elizabeth was born in 1679 and died on July 5, 1733.
The Kimmels lived in a part of Germany called the Palatinate where Johann Michael was a Colonel in the Army. The children were all born in the Phalz Valley, called Gamsonm then within the Kingdom of Poland. He and his first wife had four sons and one daughter.
1. JOHANN PHILIP (I) (1695-1777) - (See the Twelfth Generation for more details)
2. JOHANN VALENTINE - Born on July 31, 1701 and died on December 18, 1768 at the age of 67.
3. JOHANN CONRAD - Born on April 22, 1703 and died on March 9, 1735 at the age of 31.
4. JOHANN JACOB - Born on October 14, 1705 and died on November 25, 1784 at the age of 79.
5. MARIA PFRONICA (Elizabeth) - Born on July 8, 1708 and died on November 13, 1764 at the age of 56.
Johann Valentine married Anna Maria Baltzer on February 8, 1724 and had six children. Johann Jacob married Maria Barbara Heinrich on March 1, 1729 and had four children. Both of these families came to America in 1751, landing at Philadelphia. Jacob went to Ephrata, Lancaster Co, PA. Valentine bought a farm on Red Run, a branch of the Bermudian Creek, in York Co, PA, about four miles north of East Berlin, Adams County. The daughter Elizabeth and the son Johann Conrad remained in Germany.
JOHANN PHILIP KIMMEL (I) (1695-1777) was born in November, 1695 and died in York County, Pennsylvania on September 14, 1777 at the age of 82.
On June 10, 1721 when he was 25, he married Anna Elizabeth Voltz. Anna was the daughter of Andrew Voltz, of Eich and was born on December 28, 1703 and died in 1751 during an epidemic in Germany. Johann Philip and Anna's eleven children are listed as follows:
1. CONRAD - Born on November 14, 1722. His death date is unknown.
2. JOHANN PHILIP (II) (1724-1796) - (See the Thirteenth Generation for more details)
3. JACOB - Born on August 10, 1726. His death date is unknown.
4. JOHANN NICHOLAUS - Born on September 19, 1728 and died in 1804 at the age of 76.
5. MARIA CHRISTINA - Born on May 25, 1731 and died on September 24, 1741 at the age of 10.
6. ANNA MARIA - Born on July 24, 1732 and died on November 30, 1746 at the age of 14.
7. JOHANN JACOB - Born on October 10, 1734 and died on December 9, 1818 at the age of 84.
8. MICHAEL - Born on March 14, 1736 and died in 1818 at the age of 82.
9. ANNA MARGARETHA - Born on October 18, 1738. Death date unknown.
10. GEORGE - Born on October 23, 1743 and died on April 25, 1818 at the age of 74.
11. ANTHONY - Born on March 17, 1745 and died on May 17, 1817 at the age of 72.
Johann Philip Kimmel (I) sent his son Michael to America to see what had become of his two brothers, Valentine and Jacob. When Michael reported back, Johann Philip also decided to go to America. Johann Philip and his six sons landed at Alexandria, Virginia (then called Bell Haven) in the spring of 1755. There they found that Gen. Edward Braddock and Col. George Washington were concentrating an army to make an effort to drive the French out of Fort Duquesne (now the present city of Pittsburg).
Col. John Dunbar, with the wagon train, carrying supplies for this army left Alexandria on April 18, 1755 and arrived at Frederick, Maryland on the first of May. For convenience and safety, Johann Philip Kimmel and his sons followed this army as far as Newmarket or Frederick and from there went north to where Valentine lived in York County, Pennsylvania. They later bought Valentine's farm and lived there until the sons married. Johann Philip Kimmel (I) died in 1777 and is said to have been buried back of the barn.
JOHANN PHILIP KIMMEL (II) (1724-1796) - Johann Philip (II) was born on March 2, 1724 and died on April 7, 1796 at the age of 72.
In 1755 when he was 24, he married Anna Christina (Catherine) Henn. She was born in 1726 and died September 7, 1791. They moved to Somerset County, Pennsylvania about 1762. They took up a large tract of land, which he resold. He lived about five miles north of Berlin, and the property in 1937 was still in the hands of his descendants. Besides farming, he had two stills and made whiskey, as did many other farmers, as they had no road over which to take their grain to market. John Philip Kimmel is said to have been the tallest of his family at six feet, two inches. His brother Nicholas was the shortest. John Philip Kimmel had eight sons and one daughter. They are listed as follows:
1. JOHANN PHILIP (III) - Born in 1756 and died in 1804 at the age of 48.
2. JOHANN JACOB (1757-1824) - (See the Fourteenth Generation for more details)
3. JOHANN MICHAEL - Born in 1760 and died in 1819 at the age of 59.
4. JOHANN CONRAD - Born in 1761. Death date unknown.
5. DAVID - Born in 1763 and died in 1827 at the age of 64.
6. ABRAHAM - Born in 1764 and died in 1840 at the age of 76.
7. ELIZABETH - Born on April 24, 1765 (or 1766) and died on May 24, 1836 at the age of 71-(?).
8. ISAAC - Born in 1769 and died in 1851 at the age of 82.
9. SOLOMON - Born in 1770 and died in 1825 at the age of 55.
JACOB KIMMEL (1757-1824) was a farmer. He was born in York County, Pa.on September 7, 1757 and died on his farm in Somerset County, Pennyslvania on November 14, 1825 at the age of 67. He married Mary Hoffman, who is said to have been born in Lancaster County on December 12, 1760. She died on May 11, 1838. Both are buried on their farm about six miles north of Berlin and that farm, in 1938, was still owned by a descendant, Ellis C. Kimmel. Jacob Kimmel was baptized on October 22, 1757 by Reverend Jacob Lishey.
In his German Bible, Jacob Kimmel recorded the date of birth of his children and the date of death of his parents, which would have been lost if not so recorded. His German bible came into the hands of his son Ludwig, his son Dr. Sam Kimmel, Marie Scott Kimmel and finally was presented to the Pennsylvania Historical Society in Philadelphia. Jacob and Mary's ten children are listed as follows:
1. ABRAHAM - Born on February 4, 1780. Death date unknown.
2. JACOB - Born on November 4, 1782 and died on November 5, 1855 at the age of 73.
3. JOHN - Born on November 13, 1784 and died in 1858 at the age of 74.
4. SOLOMON - Born on January 5, 1786 and died in 1836 at the age of 50.
5. ELIZABETH - Born on January 21, 1788 and died on May 25, 1867 at the age of 79.
6. LUWIG - Born on January 27, 1790 and died on August 26, 1857 at the age of 67.
7. MARY POLLY - Born on July 20, 1792. Death date unknown.
8. PETER - Born on July 10, 1794 and died on May 6, 1857 at the age of 62.
9. MICHAEL - Born in 1796 and died in 1878 at the age of 82.
10. JONATHON (1798-1876) - (See the Fifteenth Generation for more details)
JONATHAN KIMMEL (1798-1876) married Susanna Moyer on July 24, 1818. She was born on June 3, 1799, died on January 14, 1883 and was the daughter of Jacob Moyer (Meyers). Both Jonathan and Susanna are buried on the home farm, formerly owned by his father, about 7 miles north of Berlin Pennsylvania. In 1938 the farm was owned by Ellis C. Kimmel, a grandson. Jonathan and Susanna's children are as follows:
1. MARY - Born on October 24, 1819 and died December 2, 1895 at the age of 76.
2. MICHAEL M. - Born on December 5, 1821 and died on December 26, 1888 at the age of 67.
3. JOSEPH - Born on May 22, 1824 and died on December 21, 1903 at the age of 79.
4. JOHN MEYERS (1825-1911) - (See the Sixteenth Generation for more details)
5. DANIEL - Born on May 27, 1829 and died on February 20, 1902 at the age of 73.
6. NOAH G. - Born on February 7, 1832 and died on February 3, 1876 at the age of 43.
7. ELIZABETH - Born on August 21, 1834 and died on April 29, 1838 at the age of 3.
8. SUSANNA - Born on September 29, 1836 and died on May 6, 1886 at the age of 49.
9. JONATHAN J. - Born on March 18, 1839 and died on October 21, 1928 at the age of 89.
JOHN MEYERS KIMMEL (1826-1911) was a farmer who lived west of Lavansville(?). He was born on September 9, 1825 and died in September, 1911 at the age of 85.
On December 24, 1848 when he was 23, he married Elizabeth Miller. Elizabeth was born in 1824 and died on November 3, 1863. John Meyers and Elizabeth Kimmel's children are listed as follows:
1. MARY ANN (1850-1916) - (See Seventeenth Generation for more details)
2. WILLIAM J. - Born on December 6, 1851 and died on March 26, 1930 at the age of 79.
3. SUSAN - Born on November 8, 1853 and died in 1928 at the age of 74.
4. JONATHAN M. - Born on December 22, 1855 and died in March, 1930 at the age of 74.
5. SARAH - Born on January 22, 1858 and died on May 3, 1936 at the age of 78.
6. JOHN OBADIAH - Born on November 22, 1859 and died in 1929 at the age of 69.
Click here for more info on John Obadiah Kimmel
7. HARVEY (Rev) - Born on April 2, 1862. Death date unknown.
NOTE: After Elizabeth died in 1863, John Meyers Kimmel married Nancy Kimmel of George on April 5, 1864. Nancy was born on January 7, 1833 and died on January 3, 1909. Four additional children resulted from this marriage. They are listed as follows:
8. ANN ELIZABETH - Born on June 7, 1866. Death date unknown.
9. EMMA - Born On September 6, 1867. Death date unknown.
10. REBECCA - Born on November 9, 1868. Death date unknown.
11. GEORGE W. - Born on September 3, 1870. Death date unknown.
MARY ANN KIMMEL (1850-1916) was born on May 17, 1850 and died on March 27, 1916 at the age of 65.
On January 26, 1873 when she was 22, she married Joseph Tobias Glessner Jr.. Joseph Tobias Glessner Jr. was born on November 22, 1851 and died on March 12, 1932 at Waterloo, Iowa. Eleven children resulted from this marriage. They were as follows:
1. RICHARD T. - Born on November 25, 1873. Richard T. died on December 25, 1944 at 71 years of age.
2. JOHN E. - Born on April 21, 1875 in Berlin, Somerset County, Pennsylvania. John E. died in Carrington, Foster County, North Dakota on July 7, 1925 at the age of 50.
On February 5, 1899 when John E. was 23, he married Eliza FIKE, daughter of Jacob FIKE and Catherine MILLER, in Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa. Eliza was born on October 2, 1870 in Eagle Grove, Wright County, Iowa and died in Carrington, Foster County, North Dakota.
3. EDWARD J. - Born on September 24, 1876. Edward J. died in 1964 at age 87.
4. ALVIN KIMMEL - Born on January 8, 1878 in Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa. Alvin Kimmel died on April 9, 1945. He was 67.
On December 25, 1900 when Alvin Kimmel was 22, he married Maggie LICHTY, in Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa. She was born before 1882.
5. RUSSELL HARVEY (1879-1966) - (See the Eighteenth Generation for more details)
6. OBEDIAH MUSSER - Born on March 12, 1881 in Somerset, Pennsylvania. Obediah Musser died on January 13, 1945 at the age of 63. He is buried in Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa.
On December 21, 1904 when Obediah Musser was 23, he married Myra "Jemima Bell" BAKER. Myra "Jemima Bell" was born on May 20, 1884 in Somerset, Pennsylvania and died on May 27, 1938 at age 54.
7. HORACE GREELY - Born on August 3, 1883. Horace Greely died in 1957. He was 73.
8. WILLIAM L. - Born on April 27, 1885.
9. MARY C. - Born on May 15, 1887.
10. CARRIE E. - Born on June 15, 1888 in Pennsylvania. Carrie E. died in 1973. She was 84.
11. NANNIE BELLE - Born on January 8, 1890. Nannie Belle died in August, 1923. She was 33. Nannie Belle married Wallace WILLS. Wallace was born sometime before 1896.
On November 1, 1917 when Joseph Tobias was 65, he second married Lydia Ann PENTICOFF, daughter of Reuben PENTICOFF and Mary Jane BUSH, in Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa. Lydia Ann was born on April 17, 1869 in Yello Creek, Stephenson County, Illinois and died in Waterloo, Black Hawk, Iowa on March 20, 1938 at the age of 68.
RUSSELL HARVEY GLESSNER was born on September 29, 1879. Russell died in a nursing home in Ashton, Osceola County, Iowa on February 2, 1966 at the age of 86. He is buried in Eastlawn Cemetery in Sheldon, O’Brien County, Iowa.
On November 29, 1906 when Russell Harvey was 27, he married Jennie Belle HAMER, daughter of Thomas HAMER and Eliza BLOUGH, in Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa. Jennie Belle was born on August 10, 1883 in Hooversville, Somerset County, Pennsylvania and died in Sheldon, O’Brien County, Iowa on December 30, 1964 at the age of 81.
Russell and Jennie had three sons and two daughters who are listed as follows:
1. EDGAR LEE (1909-1984) - (See Nineteeth Generation for more details)
2. MABEL LOIS - Born on February 13, 1911 in Sheldon, Iowa. Mabel Lois died on July 5, 2006 at the age of 95.
3. GALEN FRANCIS - Born on February 3, 1914 in Sheldon, Iowa. Galen Francis died on December 8, 1978 at the age of 64.
4. LOLA EVELYN - Born on December 16, 1915 in Sheldon, Iowa. Lola Evelyn died on January 14, 2009 at the age of 93.
5. CLAIRE HAMER - Born on November 18, 1918 in Sheldon, Iowa. Claire Hamer died on December 25, 1976. He was 58.
Russell and Jennie left Waterloo, Iowa and moved to a farm northwest of Sheldon, Iowa in 1906. Russell was a Deacon and an active member of the Church of the Brethren located three miles northwest of Sheldon. Russell served as clerk of the church for more than twenty-five years. He had a deep characteristic voice, which would always be applied with much enthusiasm to the Sunday hymns.
In 1896, Russell Glessner's uncle, John Obadiah Kimmel, purchased a farm of 160 acres located three miles northwest of Sheldon, Iowa. In the early 1900s, Russell Glessner purchased that farm from his uncle. That farm was where I (Glenn Wayne Glessner) was born and raised and that was home for me for 19 years. The Russell Glessner farm was known for many years as the "Early Dawn" farm.
EDGAR LEE GLESSNER was born on January 9, 1909 in Sheldon, Iowa and died on September 17, 1984 in the Sheldon Memorial Hospital in Sheldon, Iowa at the age of 75. He is buried in the Eastlawn Cemetery at Sheldon, Iowa.
On June 8, 1933 when Edgar was 24, he married Alice KAMPHOFF, daughter of Henry KAMPHOFF and Susie MENNING, in Sheldon, Iowa. Alice was born in Sheldon, Iowa on February 2, 1910 and died in Sheldon, Iowa on March 26, 1999 at the age of 89.
Edgar and Alice had one son and three daughters. Their children are listed as follows:
1. GLENN WAYNE - Born on March 15, 1934 in Sheldon, Iowa. - (See Twentieth Generation for more details)
2. MARLYS JEAN - Born on August 21, 1936 in Sheldon, Iowa.
3. COLLEEN SUE - Born on August 1, 1939 in Sheldon, Iowa.
4. CAROL ANN - Born on August 5, 1943 in Sheldon, Iowa.
Edgar and Alice lived in the small house on the "Early Dawn" farm three miles northwest of Sheldon, Iowa. Edgar worked with his father, Russell, on the farm. After Russell died in 1966, Edgar continued to operate the farm for a few years. Of the 160 original acres, note that one acre was owned by John and Grace Kimmel, who resided there.
Edgar acquired 39 acres with the buildings as his share of the estate and rented the remainder of the farm from his brothers and sisters. Edgar's 39 acres were sold in June, 1983 to help pay for his medical costs at the nursing wing in the Sheldon Memorial Hospital. All the farm buildings on the Early Dawn farm were either removed, torn down or burned the next year. Marlys Engelhardt (Edgar's daughter) has a complete pictorial and written record of this in her possession. The two main houses were burned down rather than torn down and when this was done, there was quite an assembly of people from Sheldon and the surrounding area watching.
GLENN WAYNE GLESSNER was born on March 15, 1934 in Sheldon, Iowa. On January 29, 1953 when he was 18, he married Alene BERGSMA in Sheldon, Iowa. She was the daughter of John BERGSMA and Catherine Jantena "Tena" VAN DEN BRINK. Alene was born on June 16, 1936 in Sheldon, Iowa and died in Quincy, Illinois on July 18, 2006 at the age of 70.
Glenn and Alene had three children who are listed as follows:
1. CONNIE JEAN - Born on June 24, 1953 in Sheldon, Iowa.
2. LINDA KAY - Born on June13, 1954 in Sheldon, Iowa.
3. DAVID WAYNE - Born on March 4, 1964 in Quincy. Illinois. - (See Twenty-First Generation for more details)
Glenn Wayne and his three sisters grew up on the "Early Dawn" farm owned by their grandfather Russell, who had purchased it from his Uncle John Obadiah Kimmel in the early 1900s (see the Sixteenth Generation). Glenn and his three sisters attended a country school just a block north of the small house on the farm where they lived. Glenn entered first grade in that school in 1939 and completed eight grades. He then completed four years at Sheldon High School in Sheldon, Iowa.
Glenn's first job after graduating from high school in Sheldon, was brick construction work on the new First Reformed Church building in Sheldon. His job title was "Brick Tender" and it consisted of either mixing mortar or providing mortar and bricks to the bricklayers. The job continued through the summer until the church's outside bricked frame was completed. Glenn then went to work for the Farmer's Cooperative Elevator Association in Sheldon, where he worked for four years.
Glenn, Alene and their two daughters moved to Brookfield, Missouri in 1955, where he started his own radio and television repair shop. To provide enough income for the family, he also did some other odd jobs around Brookfield, including farm work, working in a tire shop, installing TV antennas for another radio and TV shop and also operating the projectors in the local movie theater. About a year after living in Brookfield, Glenn went to work full time for the radio and TV shop he had been installing antennas for. The shop's name was Joe's Radio & TV, and was very busy at that time, providing the TV reception to the people around the Brookfield area. Channel 3 (KTVO) in Kirksville went on the air during this time period and everybody was wanting a TV set. For every TV set sold, there was also an antenna installed.
While in Brookfield, Glenn received his first class radiotelephone license from the Kansas City FCC office. Shortly afterwards, he started working for the local AM radio station, KGHM. During the time period he was in Brookfield, he also got interested in ham radio, passed that test and was assigned the amateur radio license call of KØEWV. After moving to Illinois in 1957, he was issued the call of K9JJD which he presently holds.
The family left Brookfield and moved to Quincy, Illinois on June 18, 1957. Glenn started working for WGEM-AM-FM-TV at that time. Glenn, Alene and their two daughters lived at their rented house at 1107 North Third Street in Quincy until October, 1959, when they moved into their own house at 3330 Chestnut Street. They lived at that address for over 16 years. The family moved to 1234 Hamann Lane in June of 1976.
Glenn's work at WGEM consisted of the operation and maintenance of radio and TV transmitter equipment and his official title was "Engineer". He worked there for over 24 years, after which he went to work for the Quintron Corporation in Quincy, Illinois as a Field Service Representative on October 12, 1981. Quintron Corporation is now known as Glenayre Electronics. Glenn made several transfers to various jobs in the company, the last one being Technical Communcations Coordinator. On May 1, 1998, he retired from full-time work at the age of 64.
On November 17, 2007 when Glenn was 73, he married Lareva May Beckman Jarrett, in Quincy, Adams County, Illinois. Lareva was the daughter of Arthur William Beckman Sr. and Nora May Johnson. Lareva May Beckman was born on August 24, 1937 in Quincy, Illinois.
DAVID WAYNE GLESSNER was born on March 4, 1964 in Quincy, Illinois. On June 5, 1994 when he was 30, he married Irith ZIKEL in Quincy, Illinois. She is the daughter of Gideon ZIKEL and Mina KAUFMAN.
At this writing, David Glessner and Irith have two sons and one daughter.
1. AIDAN WAYNE - Born on January 7, 1997 in Quincy, Illinois. - (See the Twenty-Second Generation for more details)
2. GILLIAN MARIE - Born on March 2, 2001 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. - (See the Twenty-Second Generation for more details)
3. KIERAN JAMES - Born on March 29, 2007 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. - (See the Twenty-Second Generation for more details).
David Glessner attended grade school and high school in Quincy, Illinois. After graduation as valedictorian from Quincy High School , he attended Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri from 1982 thru 1986 and received his bachelers degree in computer science and Electrical Engineering. While there, he went on to receive a masters degree in Electrical Engineering. His first full-time job, after graduation from there, was with Harris Corporation in Quincy, Illinois. Harris is one of the largest manufacturers of radio and TV broadcast transmitters in the world. After working there for about four years, he accepted employment in the engineering department at Glenayre Electronics in Quincy. In May of 1998, David left Glenayre Electronics and the following month moved the family to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He is currently working for Rockwell/Collins.
Irith was born in Israel and came to the U.S. with her parents in 1975 when she was ten years old.
AIDAN WAYNE GLESSNER was born on January 7, 1997 in Quincy, Illinois. He moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa with his parents in June, 1998.
GILLIAN MARIE GLESSNER was born on March 2, 2001 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
KIERAN JAMES GLESSNER was born on March 29, 2007 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
NOTE: My grandchildren's Glessner Family tree can be found at the following link:
Family Tree Diagram of my Grandchildren's Ancestors
Somerset County, Pennsylvania is approximately 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. The city of Berlin in Somerset County is where many of the earlier Kimmels and Glessners are buried.
Sheldon, Iowa is located in the northwest part of the state. It is about 20 miles south of the Minnesota state line and 35 miles east of the South Dakota state line.
Many thanks also go to Ted Klenk, Pleasanton, California, who provided me with the information on the first ten generations of the Kimmels. Ted Klenk is a distant relative (fifth cousin) of mine, who contacted me via email in late July, 1999.
|Glessner Home Page||Glessner Genealogy|
|Glenn W. Glessner - Quincy, Illinois||Web Page Updated on January 4, 2012|